Questions for the meeting of October 25, 2017
October 25, 2017 — 7-9 pm. — Council Office Building — 3rd floor conference room
Free and open to the public
1. Can you tell us about the various ways that community members can have input into the planning process? How does the Planning Board decide what comments to take into account? For example, how does the Board weigh the impact of costs versus numbers of people affected?
2. Can you comment on the issue as to why we tend to shrink impact taxes while raising recordation taxes to pay for new schools, firehouses, and libraries?
3. There is broad public expression of concern regarding shortage of school sites especially at the recent White Flint 2 hearing. While development is critical for revenue growth, it brings with it increased density. How does the Board plan for the need for infrastructure that such development creates?
4. Are we subsidizing PG county parks? What is the real value of the bi-county Maryland National Park and Planning Commission? Would a break-up be cost-effective for Montgomery County taxpayers and, if so, would it be politically palatable?
5. Concerns have been raised by some about Zoning Text Amendment – Short Term Rental Housing (AirBNB) and its related noise, parking problems, safety, etc. How have other counties with similar demographics dealt with this issue?
6. In Montgomery County we pride ourselves about the benefits of our agricultural reserve. Have these benefits increased over time or are there detriments to maintaining it at its present level?