The next meeting of MCTL will be held December 12, 2013; 7:00 - 9:00 pm (note early time) in the 5th floor conference room, Council Office Building, 100 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, MD 20854.
Speaker: Larry Bowers, Chief Operating Officer, Montgomery County Public Schools
Topic: " Financial Transparency and the Montgomery County Public Schools System"
The meeting will adjourn no later than 9:00pm. Everyone is welcome
- Budget Testimony on April 6, 2011 – Max Bronstein
- Council Budget Testimony by Gordie Brenne – April 12, 2012
- MoCo Public Health Service – Efficiency and Effectiveness Review
- Sept. 19, 2013 – Bob Hoyt
- Testimony On the Proposed FY 2013 Budget
- October 24, 2013 – Art Holmes
- April 25, 2013 – David Dise
- February 28, 2013 – Janette Gilman
- January 24, 2013 – Nancy Navarro
- September 20, 2012 – Jay Wilson and Daniel Cinquegrani
- July 26, 2012 – Brian Feldman (updated Aug. 14, 2012)
- October 20, 2011 – Steven Silverman and Gerald Gordon
- Sept. 22, 2011 – Richard Madaleno
- Did You Know?
- Testimony By Robert Monsheimer about MCPS FY2014 Budget
- Membership Application
- Who We Are
- MCTL Bylaws
"Public-sector employees are the new fat cats"
From the Washington Examiner of May 9, 2010:
"According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, state and local government salaries are 34 percent higher than those for private-sector jobs. OK, that's partly because government workers tend to have white-collar jobs. Benefits, 70 percent higher for these workers, are the real rub. And benefits for government retirees are the most flagrant." --- Fred Barnes
Read more at the Washington Examiner.
Archive for July 2012
Comments off · Posted by admin in Uncategorized
For the questions sent to Del. Brian Feldman in advance of the meeting of July 26, 2012, and his responses go here.