Archive for June 23rd, 2011
Our meeting June 16, 2011, was with Edward Blansitt, the county’s Inspector General. Among other things he made these points:
1. The IG would like to bring public awareness to the OIG Hotline: 1(800) 971-6059 or email@example.com
2. IG priorities are based on return on investment (bang for the buck) and on issues of integrity
3. In examining financial proposals, the IG looks to see that a cost/benefit analysis was done and that such analysis was based on good data.
4. As the Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) is a state agency, the IG can only do “financial” audits. Only the state can do “performance” audits of MCPS.
5. The IG plans to keep the the Chief Administrative Officer in the loop on his work.